Whew, what a busy weekend. :)
We went to two food tastings today, thus the full tummies.
First was at Angelica's Catering in Quezon City (near EspaƱa). We were a bit apprehensive to go in because there was just one other couple inside, and we didn't want to be cornered. Hehe But apparently the other couple was more important (probably since they're confirming their booking already) because Ms Connie, the owner, just talked to us briefly and focused on the other couple. We really didn't mind, since we had no intention of booking instantly, and we appreciated that the attention wasn't on us. Hehe They (the staff) were friendly and attentive enough, and thank goodness they didn't practice hard sell on us. The food was good (we were surprised, hehe). We really liked their Fish fillet in tartar sauce, and I particularly liked their mildly spicy pork spareribs. Set-up was okay, just common, I guess. Unlike Eloquente and Camba's, we saw that theirs was still a small catering business, but the upside is, they are flexible and offers more personalised service. The owner herself is the AE. And based on what I eavesdropped (hehe, they were talking loudly anyway), they catered an event where the number of guests exceeded the package booked by at least 40, but Ms Connie and her staff were up to their neck, trying to make do and accommodate everyone. I guess other caterers wouldn't stress themselves over something which is not their fault...
Though the food at Angelica's was good, we purposely saved room for Auffrance.
From E. Rodriguez, we went to White Plains. We were curious with this caterer because the team is a chef, and his wife, an Interior designer. What a team for a catering business!
Turned out, we didn't save enough room, Auffrance didn't disappoint.
When we got there, another couple was just getting out, and they were walking. I thought to myself, ay kawawa naman, they'll have to walk to the guardhouse. Baka they came in a cab. We were a bit shy at first, because we were the only couple there! Oh no, I thought, how will we exit after the food tasting without committing to anything? Hehe Good thing Ates Beth and Perla were very nice and they didn't pressure us to commit to anything. But they were very friendly! They were suggesting small churches and nice reception venues which can fit our budget.
Food was served plated, and as they explained, it was how the food is going to be served to the VIPs. We liked everything! Gegs loved their fish fillet in corn sauce something. We were served garlic mushrooms for appetizer, then for the main course, beef stew in red wine, lemon pepper chicken, a vegetable siding, and pork in mushroom sauce. I loved the lemon pepper chicken! Service was great, reviews online, although sparse, were good. Food, excellent. They're definitely on top of our list. And oh! Price is unbelievable. I'm quite surprised, 'cos in the comments I read online, they were saying that Eloquente was supposed to be cheaper. But in the package we got, Auffrance was much cheaper. Though food choice is limited, what they have are select dishes which are uncommon, and good.
So, after the food tasting, we were so full, we can't think straight. Haha Remember the couple walking out who I thought were pitiful for having to have to walk? Well maybe they intended to walk--to settle their stomachs after the feast that Auffrance served.
Gegs and I were discussing while in the car, and we concluded that, given the initial price/package they gave, seems like Auffrance won. I mean, it's the initial price, we didn't even haggle yet. We just said: we have a tight budget, this is what we liked from the food tasting, what can you offer? And Auffrance offered the lowest package.
So far, here's our short list: Auffrance, Eloquente. Haha! Really short! Gegs doesn't want to consider the others... Ohwell.
We have one more food tasting we are looking forward to, and this one, I have good vibes. I have read really really good reviews about them, and I have a feeling they wouldn't disappoint. As I explained to gegma, even though we find 3 caterers and rate them all a perfect 10, I can sense this particular caterer will deserve an 11--maybe even a 12--rating.
I'm excited!
**
Forgot to take pictures.. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment