Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i got my baptismal and confirmation certificates!

A few weeks back, I almost freaked out when I learned from my brother that they can't find my confirmation certificate. (But then again, there was enough time to get confirmed again.)

For some reason, I can't remember my own confirmation. My 1st communion, I can recall. But my confirmation? There are no pictures, and apparently, I wasn't confirmed with my friends from high school. I checked my old diaries (good thing I wrote down almost everything), and my confirmation was mentioned in passing. I concluded I was confirmed some time between November and December of 1998. 

When my brother returned to San Vicente parish with that bit of information, they said they didn't have any record for La Consolacion (my high school) for that year. My brother sent me an SMS. I was in a meeting. I panicked. Good thing, my dad was with him. And he asked the office to check, not considering my high school. Lo and behold, they have my name!

Why did it take so long? When I gave my brother money a month ago to get my certificates? Parish offices are not computerised. They search the record books manually. Gosh. That's why they needed a precise date when you ask for your certificate. Easier and faster.

So guys, if you can't recall when you were baptized or confirmed, better search for it first before you request for your certificates. Not unless your parish is high-tech.

Ü

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete