Found another church in the San Juan/Mandaluyong area! It's an old church, not really small, but it has it's charms. Well, for one, it's waaaaay cheaper than Mary the Queen Parish. I believe MTQ is 15K, without the choir. But I really really like MTQ. I have doubts though, 'cos our wedding will be on a Wednesday. A school day in Greenhills? Uh-oh. Been there on a weekday, dismissal time, and area is packed. So we started looking for an alternative. And stumbled upon Sanctuario de Sto Cristo along F. Blumentritt St.
I called today, and guess what? It's just 5,000 for non-residents! And our date is free! Yey! Yey! Yey!
The 5 grand comes with the priest, the seminar, flowers for the altar, potted plants for the aisle (this is easy to solve, I'll let gegma decorate!), ushers and an organist! Yey!
The downside? We can't reserve the date unless we have our Baptismal and Confirmation certificates. Validity is 6 months, though. But she said it's okay, 'cos it's mid-March already. Anyway, I still don't have mine. It has to be annotated "For Marriage" or something. But mine's relatively easy to get. Just have to make sure I'll get it when I come back from Bora in April. Gegma's been trying to call his parents in Cuyo. Maybe they can get the certificates and bring them here when they visit for the pamanhikan.
Oohh, I do hope this chuch will work out. Will have to visit it and plot the route from church to our reception.
No comments:
Post a Comment