Friday, August 20, 2010

My very disappointing red kimono dinner

Gegs and I have always been fond of Japanese food. And if you offer us an eat-all-you-can bargain, we would not decline.

Tonight was date night, and Gegs and I even dressed-up to eat out. We decided on Japanese food, and since he hasn't tried Red Kimono yet, we decided we'd visit their branch at Ayala Land techno hub.

I was excited, I remember I liked their modern-Japanese makis. But lo and behold, not all of them are included in the eat-all-you-can menu. Its okay, we understand. It was perfectly understandable that not all their regular items can be ordered ''bottomless''. When they told us that we'd need to order at least a cup of rice, we obliged even if we were not eating rice anymore.

What we don't understand is why the cup of fried rice they served us was packed full, and over the brim. It was obviously not how they served rice for the other clients ordering a-la carte. We felt that it was a tactic they use, so the costumer would feel full immediately. We felt we were cheated of a good, healthy dinner. Instead, we endured the torture of trying to finish the cup (it was more of 2 cups) of fried rice. We left with full stomachs, alright. But also with dampened spirits and a vow never to eat at Red Kimono again.

No comments:

Post a Comment